Monday 28 September 2015

A Tale of Four Oldhammer Gamers: tutu evasion

So I got a bit confused this month and assumed that the deadline for the first batch of 100 points completed would be October, but apparently not! So rather than have to wear a pink tutu (don't ask) I rushed to get out 100 points by the end of September deadline. I figured the quickest way to do this was to paint one of my command figures, and so I present to you F'rrr K'iw, level 5 Lizardman hero:


I really like this range of Lizardmen, which started off as preslotta figures but many of them then acquired slotta tabs. I can't remember with certainty who sculpted them but I think it was Trish Carden.

According to Warhammer Armies, a level 5 Lizardman hero with a shield costs 72 points, so I'm not quite up to the 100 pts, so I guess I'll have to make up the deficit next month.

But hopefully it's enough to avoid Chico's pink tutu...

Check out my fellow gamer's progress: Chico's fabulous jade temple dog, and James' stylish (if Nurgle can be considered stylish!) palanquin. Paul promises to have something uploaded by Wednesday, so keep an eye on his blog!

4 comments:

  1. I really like the contrast between the bright green skin and the natural turtle shell, Heroes in Slann armies work well with more exotic colours I find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Steve, he'll make a fine pair of boots or a handbag if ya feeling stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tortoise shell, very realistic

    ReplyDelete