Wednesday 25 March 2015

Some classic Ral Partha sculpts being re-released

Here’s some interesting news for fans of old Ral Partha sculpts. A very reliable source has informed me that Iron Wind Metals is preparing to re-release some of the original Ral Partha 02 Fantasy Collector Series and 01 Personalities miniatures for the classic Elves, Orcs, and Goblins. The project is being announced at GaryCon this week, but here’s a sneak peak for you lot:




Some great classic Tom Meier sculpts here!

These are uncleaned master castings, waiting to be worked on by the Master Mold Room. They still have flash on them because they have not been prepped by the mold room guys yet. These figures haven't been in production since at least 1998.

My source promises me there will be more stuff down the road. Watch this space!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome news.
    It's great to see them looking at releasing a some of the older ranges, and will be good to see how they progress. I might have to look at getting some of those Elves in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time they caught on. The old Tom Meier stuff goes for a lot on ebay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were some of the first minis I ever painted, back when I was just a snotling.

    Now that my tastes have matured, I don't think the early Ral Partha style is really my thing. But I'm so happy that more companies are resurrecting their back catalog. Now, if only Citadel would re-publish McDeath...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple of those are available by RPE already... you can see the goblin wolf rider here http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/ral-partha-fantasy-c-37/fantasy-armies-c-37_39/goblins-c-37_39_48/02093-lesser-goblin-wolf-riders-wswords-6-p-1855.html

    ReplyDelete